Thursday, August 30, 2012

New York City Wildlife

My blog name says I'm a painter, but I'm also a photographer.  In fact, I was taking photos long before I ever picked up a paint brush and one of my favorite subjects is New York City.  I have always loved everything about the city.  Every place that you look there is something or someone to photograph.  I started doing this as a child.  I remember taking a class trip to the top of the Empire State Building and taking photos with my little Kodak Instamatic camera with a flashbulb on top (yes, I just outed my age).  Speaking of which, last week I saw some kids on the subway trying to put film into a 35mm SLR.  They were looking at it like it was an ancient artifact!  Too funny.

Anyway, I was looking through photos today and realized that I have a lot of pictures of wildlife around the city.  When I think of NYC wildlife, I mostly picture cockroaches and rats running around the subway, but if you look around, there are many cute critters running and swimming around.




Turtles in Douglaston





Ducks and seagulls in Long Island City ( I know it is hard to spot the seagulls, but I love this shot with the UN and the Chrysler building in the background)




These guys were hanging out and watching me paint at the Abingdon Square Market


A pretty bird hiding in the trees at the pond in Douglaston

It is always fun to see animals in the city.  I'll be on the lookout for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment