Sunday, October 14, 2012

Union Square Redux

Remember my Union Square debacle with the falling painting? Well, I finally got back there to finish up the rehabilitation.  After falling face down in the dirt (not actual dirt, it was concrete, but since this is New York City there was plenty of dirt on the ground), I had to use duct tape to gently get dirt, sand, particles and who knows what else off of the wet painting.  After it dried a bit I had to wipe the whole panel down with a paper towel.  Needless to say, the painting needed some work after all that.

I tried to fix it up at home, but the spontaneity of the painting was lost.  Luckily, we had a gorgeous day last week and I was able to get back out there and fix it up.

Before The Fall
This is the painting before the great wind gust of 2012.  This was back in June, so the light was different last week, but due to the great weather, I just repainted it and I think it worked out fine.









The great thing about oil painting is that when disaster happens you can just paint right over it.  So glad this painting was not lost for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment