Monday, November 26, 2012

Book Review: Creativity at Work

Creativity at Work is the new book by the author of the Habitually Chic blog, Heather Clawson.  Habitually Chic was my gateway drug into the world of interior design and fashion blogs, so I've been eagerly anticipating the publication of Heather's first book.


Creativity at Work is a beautiful hardcover book giving us a peek into the offices and studios of top designers, artists and creative directors.  The photos, all taken by Heather, are gorgeous, but my favorite part of the book was reading the designers stories about how they got started and what they are doing now.  They also give us a few words of advice, something I love hearing from talented professionals.

Like everyone else, I'm dying over Jenna Lyon's office and love the interview with Mickey Boardman, but my favorite story comes from Bunny Williams.  She wanted to work for a decorator so just walked up to Parish-Hadley and asked if there was an opening!  I can't imagine that happening today but you never know.  It's a good lesson to go after what you want.  Actually, that is a theme that runs throughout the book and something that is important for creative people to remember.

Creativity at Work is a great read.  I can't wait to see what Heather has planned next!

No comments:

Post a Comment