|My still life set up|
|Still Life With Pink Roses|
I painted these roses over an old canvas. I am just about done using up or redoing the old paintings and will soon be finished with that project.
Next up, I started this still life in my teacher's studio, but due to the timing of our new model starting, I was only able to work on it for two sessions.
It still needed some work, so I spent today working on it and it is much improved. As you can see in the photo above, the line of the front plane was not quite right (thank heavens for T-squares) and the right side of the vase was a bit off. It is hard to see, but there was a small copper pot on the bottom left hand side. It made the painting too heavy on the left so I took that out and then made the other adjustments.
|Blue and White Vase With Fruit|
Here is the finished version. The vase is now the right size and the front plane is fixed and lightened up. It was a bit dark before, but now I am very happy with it.
I'm also working on a new portrait. I intended to photograph the progress of the whole work, but in the heat of painting I forgot to take the photos. I will put up some photos when it is finished, but here is the original block in.
That is what I've finished up this week. Next up: finish the portrait, get some lilies for a still life and get outside for some plein air painting.
Hope you enjoyed seeing these.