Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day Trip: Southampton

Hi all.  I apologize for the lack of posts last week, but the painting that I had such high hopes for ended up being a wipe down.  It was just not working and by Thursday there was no getting around it, so I decided to stop work on it.  While disappointing, this does happen at times.  Years ago when I visited the Musee Marmottan, they had canvases there that Claude Monet had abandoned.  If it could happen to him, it can happen to any of us, right?

Anyway, yesterday I had an appointment on Long Island, and since I was halfway there, I decided to continue on to the East End.  I had not been out there in years and we finally had some gorgeous weather yesterday, so it seemed like the perfect time to visit.  Not only do I love to stroll around and window shop, but it was the perfect opportunity to do some studio prop hunting.  I did find two things on my wish list, but unfortunately they were way too expensive to use for studio props so I passed, but it was fun to look around anyway.

As usual, I snapped a bunch of photos.  Hope you enjoy seeing one of my favorite spots in the world.



This adorable pelican was guarding the front of his store.  Around the corner there were some paparazzi going crazy trying to get a photo of someone, but we never found out who it was.



We stumbled upon this cute beach shop.  Made me wish I was staying in town so I could visit one of the beautiful beaches.



Some shops on Jobs Lane.  If you love little, interesting, independent stores, this is the place for you.


All along Jobs Lane there are little alley ways that lead to great stores that are hidden away from the main road.  It's such fun discovering them.






This is the Topiarie Flower Shop.  I'm obsessed with this store.  As you can see in the pictures above, they have gorgeous flowers and accessories.  Unfortunately, I don't have a garden, but if luck is with me Wednesday night, I will be the proud owner of this house and will have an enormous flower garden to paint.


Yes, I am planning on winning the big Powerball ticket and hanging out in my East End garden painting for the rest of the summer!







Another little alley led to these great shops and this lovely fountain.  It was a great day, but now it's time to get back to the easel.  Have a good day, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment