Friday, August 16, 2013

The Nectarines Are Done!

In my post yesterday, I said I hoped to finish up my still life today.  Well, I'm happy to report that I was successful.  The nectarines were driving me nuts so I finally decided to just turn around the second one from the left.  It became far easier to paint ( I wish I'd done it days ago).  I lightened up the wood and the grapes, then put in the pattern on the vase.



This was the set up.  Once I changed the position of the nectarine, the rest of the painting went very smoothly.  I also lightened up the wood.  It is hard to see in the picture, but the vase was casting a cool blue light on the shelf.  When I added that it really livened things up and the fruit no longer looked like it was floating above the shelf.


Here is the finished painting sitting on the easel.  If you look to the upper right hand corner, you can see the still life set up.

Blue and White Vase With Nectarines, 16x20, oil


And here is the finished painting.  I'm very happy to have it done.  Now, on to the sunflowers!


No comments:

Post a Comment