Friday, September 20, 2013

Studio Happenings And The Gallery North Figure Show Opening

Hello All,

It's been quite the week over here.  I finished two paintings this week, started life drawing again, joined an art history book seminar and spent a lot of time applying to shows.  The Gallery North show that I am participating in was so easy.  Entry was all online and it took about 10 minutes.  I loved the ease of it, but alas, not all art shows are created equal.  Some who are not up to date technologically can take quite a bit of time, but it is worth it in the end when you see your painting hanging in a show.  I've sent out four submissions, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get chosen for some of them.

Speaking of Gallery North, I not only attended the opening reception, but they also had an art panel for the artists to meet patrons of the gallery and discuss their work and answer questions.  Public speaking is not my favorite thing to do, but I'm so glad that I did this panel.  I loved listening to the other artists talk about their process and it was so nice to spend time with people who really wanted to hear about your art and discuss it with you.



The opening for the Art of the Figure show.  The opening set a gallery record for attendance!  People were spilling out to the front and back of the gallery.  Luckily, the weather was perfect.

My painting, Rochelle




At the opening


This is me again, only at the art panel.  Same photo op, different black dress :)

I must send out my thanks to Gallery North and their staff for putting on a wonderful show.  I'm so happy to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment