Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Three In Progress Paintings

 I'm doing that crazy thing again and working on three paintings at the same time.  I didn't plan for this to happen, but since it did, I thought I'd show you some in progress shots instead of waiting until they are completed.

First up:  a still life with dahlias.




I got the bouquet from the farmers market, stuck them in a ginger jar and got to work.  I had to paint over a canvas so I found an old 50/50 painting (fifty percent good, fifty percent so-so) and laid in the set up and the background.




Unfortunately at this point in the painting real life intervened and I was not able to get back to them for a week.  Needless to say, the bouquet was long gone, but luckily I got a lot of the flowers in and I can probably finish the rest from memory.

Meanwhile, I have been painting another still life in Gregg's studio.



I thought this was finished, but then I looked at it last night and realized that I forgot to put the pattern on the shadow area on the right.

Since I thought the above painting was finished, I started a new one yesterday.




So that is what has been going on over here.  Crazy, I know, but sometimes these things happen.  The nice thing is that soon I will have three complete paintings to show you.

Have a great day everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment