Thursday, December 19, 2013

New York City Holiday Windows and Downton Abbey!

It's that time of the year again.  Every December the stores here in New York City decorate for the holidays and it is always beautiful.  I can't wait to see what they come up with every year.  I was a bit late getting them photographed this year, mainly due to our never ending snow/ice/27 degree weather.  It is finally warming up a bit so here we go.


This giant wreath is on the gate leading into the outdoor space of the Frick Museum.  If you look at the top of the bow you can still see some snow.


The front window of the Laduree shop.  I saw some tourists posing outside the window with their bags.  
The shop seems to be a stop for everyone visiting the city.








Next up, Cartier.  Beautiful as always and of course I had to post the panther in their window since I have one of my own.  Well, she thinks she is one anyway!



More shops on Madison Avenue.  Madison was beautifully decorated and not inundated with people.  It was perfect for window shopping as opposed to Fifth which has become impossible the last few years.

Heading east I came upon this adorable little cafe.  I wanted to sit down for a cup of tea, but in our freezing weather everyone else had the same idea, so I settled for taking some photos.



These winter cabbages were still in their planters and covered with snow.  So pretty.




Such a pretty wreath.  The brownstones on the Upper East Side always look lovely this time of year.


Park Avenue in the snow.


This is not technically a Christmas display, but I was dying over the way this window was set up.  Since I would need a brownstone to display these, I'll just gaze from afar.

Don't forget the fur babies in the family!  This store always has the cutest window displays.  I don't know the name of it, but it is a few doors north of the 63rd and Lex subway stop.



So that takes care of the Upper East Side.  Now we're going over to Lincoln Center.  I was over there Friday night and was lucky enough to see some beautiful decorating.





I have to tell you why I was in Lincoln Center on a freezing cold Friday night.  Thanks to the magic of twitter I won a pass to see the season premiere of Downton Abbey!!  Are you guys fans?  I'm obsessed.  
Not only do I love the story line, but I am crazy about the fashions and the set design.  We had a great time and I got a fun shot of Broadway from inside the television studio.



You can see the trees all lit up.  Everything was so pretty you could almost forget it was 25 degrees!


The Christmas tree in the median by Lincoln Center.



I had such a good time seeing all the holiday decorating.  Hope you enjoyed it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment