Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The American Artists Professional League's 85th Grand National Exhibition

A while ago I mentioned that I had a painting accepted into the American Artists Professional League's 85th Grand National Exhibition.  The exhibition is usually held at the Salmagundi Club, but since they are undergoing renovations, the exhibit was online this year.

On Saturday they had an awards ceremony as well as a portrait demo by Gregg Kreutz.











Gregg completed this painting in 1 hour and 15 minutes!  I was sitting there and I couldn't believe it.  I'm working on a portrait now and I'm about eight hours in and still need one more session.  I'm so glad I was able to see this because it really helped me with the painting I'm working on now.

After the demo and a musical performance, it was time for the awards ceremony.  I was lucky enough to win the Colonel George J. Morales Memorial Award, so it was a very exciting afternoon for me.



Sorry this photo is so dark.  I didn't have a chance to ask anyone to take a photo at the ceremony, so this was taken after while out celebrating.

It was a great afternoon.  Thanks to everyone at The American Artist Professional League.

Update:  I just realized I forgot to show you my painting!  Here it is.

Peonies In A Blue And White Vase, 16x20, Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment