Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Pink Hydrangeas

I've got an update on the hydrangeas, but first I want to say a heartfelt thank you to Tina of The Enchanted Home.  I got the thrill of my life when I opened my email this morning to find out that Tina would be featuring me on her amazing blog today.  She posted a feature showcasing some of her  customers and how they are using the products from her shop.  The pot my hydrangeas are planted in came from The Enchanted Home shop and I love it!  Thank you, Tina,  and welcome visitors from The Enchanted Home.

I spent most of yesterday working on the hydrangeas as I wanted to finish them up.  Unlike other props, flowers are on their own time.  Luckily, I just had to darken up the shadows on the flowers and they were done.  Next it was on to the pot.  Pots, especially white pots, don't usually go down in one sitting. I painted it in over the weekend, but yesterday realized it was not quite right so did it over.  I ended up repainting the pot and the pattern six times, but it is worth it to keep going as long as it takes to get it right.  I'm very happy with the way it came out.


It took awhile to get the highlight in the right place

I then softened up the white tablecloth

For the final touch I added some flower petals to the table


Here is the finished painting.  There were so many coats of paint that I couldn't sign it, but I'll take care of that today.

Now I'm back to work on my model.  Have a great day everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by via Tina's blog:) Beautiful work here!! We are in the midst of a building project and I will be needing art at some point. It's so nice to meet you!

    leslie
    www.4aroundthetable.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, I'm so glad you like the paintings! Thank you for stopping by to see my work. Best of luck with your building project!!
      Frances

      Delete