I spent most of yesterday working on the hydrangeas as I wanted to finish them up. Unlike other props, flowers are on their own time. Luckily, I just had to darken up the shadows on the flowers and they were done. Next it was on to the pot. Pots, especially white pots, don't usually go down in one sitting. I painted it in over the weekend, but yesterday realized it was not quite right so did it over. I ended up repainting the pot and the pattern six times, but it is worth it to keep going as long as it takes to get it right. I'm very happy with the way it came out.
|It took awhile to get the highlight in the right place|
|I then softened up the white tablecloth|
|For the final touch I added some flower petals to the table|
Here is the finished painting. There were so many coats of paint that I couldn't sign it, but I'll take care of that today.
Now I'm back to work on my model. Have a great day everybody!