Sunday, May 25, 2014

Painting At The Martin Viette Nursery

Hi everybody.  I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.  We are having a three day weekend here in the US and I have been getting a lot of painting done.  Recently, I was lucky enough to take part in a painting day at the Martin Viette nursery on Long Island.  What a beautiful place!  I had never been there before and I was amazed at all the beautiful flowers and garden accessories.  We were allowed to paint anywhere on the property.  After a walk around the place I set up in front of some huge hibiscus plants.






Here is the start of the painting.  I used an old canvas that had a green background so that made it a bit easier for me.  When you are painting en plein air anything that saves time is very helpful.






I wanted to paint in the whole hibiscus bush with a few of the flowers.  I never paint anything like that so it was a new experience for me and outdoor painting is always an adventure.


This is where I ended up at the end of the day.  In the early afternoon the weather changed from sunny and perfect to cloudy, windy and cold.  I have a ton of photos so I may try to do something with this in the studio, but even if I don't finish it, I had a fun day and a great time painting at the nursery.

Here are some other photos I took that day.  The giant peonies were killing me!











Thank you to everyone at the Martin Viette nursery for a great painting day!


No comments:

Post a Comment