Tuesday, June 3, 2014

NYC: Walking The High Line

Hello everyone.  I hope all of you are enjoying the warmer weather after our never ending winter.  Now that the temperature has reached bearable levels, I have been out and about in the city.  A few weeks ago I visited the High Line.

Have you guys been there?  It is an amazing public park built upon an old elevated freight rail line.  It starts at 14th street and ends up around 30th.  It is quite long, but there are benches and lounge chairs all over to stop and rest as well as a little food area with tables.





The views are amazing and the flowers and shrubs are beautiful.  I went in mid May and it was so nice to see all the greenery after our freezing, snowy winter.

The Empire State Building

Flowers planted within the old tracks






I was so happy to see all of this color after our never ending gray winter

I think this is my favorite shot of the day.  Such a peaceful setting.  





Judging from the number of tourists there, the High Line is popular with visitors and locals alike.  There are also special events and programs open the public.  You can check out the schedules here.  The park is now on the summer schedule, open from 7am to 11pm.  Do visit if you get the chance.  It is a lovely place right above the bustling city.


No comments:

Post a Comment