Thursday, November 20, 2014

American Artists Professional League 86th Grand National Exhibition

Last Sunday was the reception for the American Artists Professional League's 86th Grand National Exhibition.  The AAPL was formed in 1928 to promote traditional American art.  Every year they stage a Grand National Exhibition.  Artists from all over the United States submit their work for review by a jury. My painting, Purple Flowers And Oranges, was chosen for the show.  This was my second year in a row exhibiting with the AAPL and I was thrilled to be chosen for this amazing show.

The reception featured a demonstration by Thomas Torak (he was also the winner of the Best In Show award).  Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the demo to show you because the reception at the Salmagundi Club was so crowded that I could not get close enough to get any shots!  The gallery was packed with visitors.  I was so happy to see that many people interested in the art.  Sometimes, especially in New York City, it can be hard to find interest in traditional art.






I was truly amazed at the quality of work in this show.  Every place I looked I saw something beautiful.






Purple Flowers And Oranges, 12x16, oil

Thank you to the AAPL for a wonderful show and to the Salmagundi Club for hosting a great reception.  I had a fabulous time and judging from the size of the crowd, many others enjoyed the afternoon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment