Friday, December 12, 2014

Two Shows And A New Painting

Today is an exciting day for me as I have paintings in two different shows tonight!  My painting Lupines In A Blue And White Vase was selected to be part of the Huntington Arts Council's still life exhibition.


The exhibition will be up from today, December 12 to January 4, 2015.

The second exhibition is a fundraiser for the Art Guild Of Port Washington revitalization fund.  As I've mentioned before, a fire after Hurricane Irene caused damage to the building where the Art Guild is located.  After three years the building is up and running again, but there is still work to be done and I was very happy to donate a painting toward this effort.

Members of the Art Guild were given a 10x10 painting panel and asked to contribute the painting.
I never work on square panels, so it took me awhile to work out a design, but once I did, I got to work.  



This was the set up.  I went with a small pitcher so I would not have to worry about shrinking the size of anything.  Then I just added some oranges and grapes and got to work.


This is the block in of the set up.  I was happy to see that it worked on the square panel.


Next I put in my background color.


After blocking in the shadows, I got to work filling in the rest of the painting.  At this point, it was just a matter of layering in the paint until I got the painting the way I wanted it.


This is the finished painting.  I'm thrilled to report that the painting has already sold, but there are many others for sale at the exhibition.  The show will be up until December 21.

If you are on Long Island, please check out these shows.  I'll be at both receptions tonight.  Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment