Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Still Life Show Reception, The Art Guild Of Port Washington

In my last post I told you guys that I had three paintings hanging in the still life show at The Art Guild Of Port Washington.  We had the reception Friday night and I'm very happy to say that I won honorable mention for my painting, White Pitcher With Fruit.  Artist Leah Lopez was the juror for the show, so this was quite an honor for me.  I have been an admirer of Leah's art for many years and it was great to see her at the show and hear her talk a bit about art and her thought process on choosing  the award winners.


My painting, White Pitcher With Fruit, 16x12, oil



Not sure what my deer in the headlights look is about, but I was thrilled to see the ribbon by my painting. 


We had a great time at the reception.  So many people came to see the show which always makes it a lot of fun.

The co-president and co-executive director of The Art Guild


Me getting my award!


Juror Leah Lopez speaking to the audience on her choices for the awards


This is Leah's painting, Peaches.  I took this photo, but it is difficult to get a good shot as the juror has their own space on the wall and there is a spotlight shining on the painting. But it is an incredible painting and I urge you to click over to Leah's site and have a look around.  Her paintings are amazing.







As usual, thank you to everyone at The Art Guild for putting on a great show and reception!


No comments:

Post a Comment