Friday, April 1, 2016

Two New Shows

Hi Everyone.  I thought I would have two new paintings to show you today, but my plan didn't quite work out.  I finished up a new still life on Monday, but I have found it impossible to get a decent photo of the completed painting.  I used a black background for the first time and it is just not photographing well.  If I can't get a good one today, I'll show you the painting with a less than perfect photo :).  I've also been working very hard on a second still life, but I have made the difficult decision that this one is just not going to work and needs to be wiped out.  I've been working on it for a few weeks so it is hard to do that, but after having a dream about the whole situation the other night I know that is what has to be done.

However, there is some good news to report.  My pink roses were chosen for the "A Rose By Any Other Name" show at the Huntington Arts Council.  I drove myself (and everyone else) nuts with this painting, so I was thrilled when it was entered into the show.  And... I got a lovely surprise when the publicity card was emailed to me.  My roses were chosen as one of the paintings for the card!  This is the first time one of my works has been used for publicity and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Valentine's Day Roses, 16x20, oil


The reception is tonight from 6-8pm.  If you are in the Huntington (LI) area, please come by and check out all the roses!

The other big news is that two of my paintings were chosen for the Richeson75 Still Life and Floral online show.  It just went live a few hours ago, and my painting,  Blue And White Vase With Fruit, was chosen as a finalist! My Sunflowers were also selected to be in the exhibit.   You can click on the link to see the entire show, but I'll post my two paintings here.

Sunflowers And Apples, 14x18, oil

Blue And White Vase With Fruit, 12x16, oil

After a less than optimal few weeks, I'm so happy and excited to be in these shows.  I'll be back with my new still life soon.  Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment