First up: the stars aligned and I was able to photograph some of the finished paintings.
|Brass Teapot And A Glass Vase, 16x20, oil|
|The River, 18x24, oil|
|The Red Robe, 16x20, oil|
|Lady In Red, 16x20, oil|
|White Pitcher With Oranges, 12x16, oil|
|Peonies In A Blue And White Vase, 16x20, oil|
|Peonies In A Glass Vase, 16x20, oil|
I'm very happy to be able to finally post these paintings for everyone to see. I'm hoping to varnish them this morning and then in a few days they will be ready for hanging.
I've also started applying to another set of shows. I'll let you know what happens (keeping my fingers crossed!).
Next up, I was able to frame a bunch of paintings that I had stacked up against the wall. It still amazes me how different a painting looks in a beautiful frame. Of course, I had some help from my assistant :)
|I've been framed!!|
I also wanted to let you guys know that I am making a small change to the blog. I've been hurrying to get paintings done so that I can get them on the blog quickly to show everyone, but I realized that I can't continue to do postings that way. This week I ended up reworking a few paintings that I thought were finished, but later realized that they were not. My usual way of working is to "finish" a painting and then let it sit for a week or two. By studying a painting when you are not actively working on it, it is much easier to see what needs to be corrected. A good painting takes time to complete and the only thing rushing me were my own self imposed deadlines.
Going forward, I will post my in progress shots instead of waiting until everything is complete and I will post new photos of the reworked paintings as soon as I am positive that they are finally done.
This is getting long so I'll stop here. As always, I thank all of you for reading my blog and following along on my adventures.