Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A New Portrait

The last few weeks I've had great fun painting a new portrait of the lovely Jamila.  Not only is she beautiful, but she dressed in a great outfit for us - it had a great French/Toulouse-Lautrec vibe and it really made the painting.


This was the first pose.  I put in the background and then blocked in the colors.  These pics are not the best as I snapped them with my iPhone, but as soon as the painting is dry and varnished, I will take proper photos and post them.



This was at the end of the second session.  I put another layer of color on and darkened up the shadows.


Here is the end of our third session together.  The painting is getting there, but clearly needs another session.  As I've mentioned before, I use Innerglow Panels, and the more coats of paint you have on them, the better the painting looks.  Also, if you look to the left side of the pose, her hand is not quite done.  Hands are my nemesis and I always save them for last.


Here is the finished painting.  We all had such a good time during these sessions that we are going to do it again in a few months.


Now it is time for me to get back to my long neglected dahlias.  I'm hoping to have them finished this weekend.  I'll post the painting as soon as it's done.

Have a great night everybody!

Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment