Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Time in New York City

Monday night I was out and about and saw some great holiday displays.  I've been experimenting with taking photos at night and while this is best done with a tripod, I wanted to get some candid shots while walking around.



These were taken near the Chase Building on Sixth Avenue.  It was really pretty with everything lit up.


A strange looking Hello Kitty and the cowboy from Toy Story were posing for pictures (for money of course, so I didn't get too close)!


Radio City all lit up and decorated for Christmas.


It is hard to see, but if you look closely even the pretzel guy had his cart decked out for the holidays.


Here are a bunch of people getting drawings done of themselves.  There were also tons of people out buying handbags, but I have to tell everybody - those aren't real!!

Why were there so many people out at ten o'clock on a Monday night in December? Because of this:



That's right.  It was 59 degrees at 10:02pm on December third in New York City!  I'm not one to walk around at night in the winter time, so this was a real treat.  Of course, we're back to freezing now, but it was a nice break.





I'll be back with another post of holiday windows so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment