Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Around The City

Now that spring has finally sprung I have been out and about in the city.  Of course, I bring my camera with me everywhere and I thought you might like to have a look at what I've been photographing.  

I saw this guy hanging out on the median in Flatiron





I'm not usually one for public sculpture, but I love this guy.  He is just called Bird and he is a great piece of art.  Love the rose dangling from his mouth as well.  There is a short article about Bird and his artist, William Ryman, here

Next up, Washington Square Park.  The trees were blooming and everybody was out enjoying the (finally!) warm weather.  





Skate boarder doing his jumps to Keep On Rockin Me Baby.  The song is older than he is! 




It is a bit hard to see, but this guy has a pigeon on his shoulder and appeared to be training it to come back to him.  Maybe he is going to be a carrier pigeon a la White Collar.  Does anybody watch White Collar?  I'm beyond obsessed with the interiors on that show.  

Anyway, those are my photos for today.  I've got another post tomorrow with more photos and some NYC wildlife.   

Hope everyone is enjoying spring.  I sure am.

xo,
Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment