Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Potpourri

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to check in to say hi and show you what I've been up to the past week.  I've been a bit under the weather so there has not been much painting going on, but I did work on this still life setup this week.


This isn't the best photo.  I just quickly snapped it with my phone at the end of the painting session.  This was day two working on this painting.  It needs another two or three more to get it finished.

I also stopped by New York City's version of Monet's pond.  Here are a few snaps that I took last evening.  Unfortunately, there is a lot of algae floating around, but I will take some artistic license and pretend it's not there.









I had intended to set up there tomorrow for a day of en plein air painting, but then I saw these beauties at the farmer's market.


There was a whole stand dedicated to peonies.  You know I couldn't pass those up, so tomorrow will be a studio day while I get these painted.  Peonies don't last long so they have to be painted right away.
I'm hoping some of the closed buds open up by tomorrow morning, but either way I can't wait to paint this bouquet.  

I'll be back tomorrow with a full recap of the peony painting event.  Can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment