Sunday, July 14, 2013

Some Links for a Sunday Night

Hi Everyone.  Hope everybody had a great weekend.  Here in New York we are enjoying our first day without rain in some time.  Unfortunately, it was also 90 degrees.  Too hot to attend the paint out I had scheduled for today, so what have I been doing?  Catching up on blogs and articles.  I found some very interesting posts and thought I would share a few with you.  I was out of town for a few days so I don't have any new painting photos to show you, but painting will commence again this week so keep an eye out for some new completed panels.

Do you love the California Impressionists?  I sure do.  Bonhams is having a sale and Underpaintings has the scoop.  Scroll down to the end of the post for a big surprise.  I know it shocked the hell out of me!

Tired of searching Ebay and used bookstores for the Andrew Loomis books?  Now you don't have to.  Titan Books has released new editions of them all. Click on over to Art and Influence to read all about it.   I paid $90 on Ebay to purchase an original copy of Figure Drawing For All It's Worth, so I'm happy to be able to buy the others at a reasonable price.

Does the thought of writing an artist statement drive you mad? All I can think about is Elaine Benes and the Himalayan walking shoes whenever I try to write one, but after years of searching for a decent tutorial on this, I finally found one today.  Alan at artbusiness.com has a great post about it and I actually wrote one out in about an hour today using his recommendations.

Alan also has a very thought provoking post about artists and business and why we need to get serious about taking responsibility for our own careers, rather than depending on a gallery to do everything for us.

In closing, I must give a shout out to one of my Blogcademy headmistresses, the amazing Gala Darling.  
I have been inside working on art related things all day and feeling kind of bad about it.  No rain on a weekend had me feeling like I should be "doing something".  Then I happened upon the post she put up today.  Thank you, Gala!!

Gala and I at the First Blogcademy class

Have a great night everybody.  I'll see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment